Thursday, January 19, 2017

Coffee is always a good idea

Since becoming Mama almost 2 years ago, I've struggled to find myself in this new world I'm living in. Pre-munchkin, I was a fun loving gal who loved to laugh, eat and drink good food, listen to good music, read books that had nothing to do with sleep patterns or eating habits and generally just living it up. Post-munchkin, I find I'm not that fun to be around half the time, I still like to laugh but these days it's most likely to keep from crying, food is optional and usually whatever I don't have to cook, The Wheels On the Bus keep going round and round my head, and I can quote word for word approximately 57 children's books. 

And yet there are glimmers of pre-munchkin Jeana. Usually after I make the erroneous decision to have coffee or sweet tea after the witching hour and find myself contemplating the universe until the wee hours of the morning and composing letters and speeches that would bring people to tears and making amazing playlists on Spotify. Hence this blog. I have always found solace in writing. In getting my thoughts out. And I much prefer typing to actual writing. And if I don't put them here, my husband may start wearing ear plugs. 

Lately, I've become intrigued by the idea of self-care. (thanks Becca!) And I've realized that for me to regain some sense of self, some pre-munchkin Jeana, I need to write and share it. Mostly because the overlord I birthed could care less about my thoughts on the nominee for Secretary of Education (so. not. qualified.) or why I'm intrigued by Whole30 but the thought of giving up dairy gives me nightmares. 

And who knows, this may fizzle out just like the other two blogs I started, but I need to give it a shot if only for a little bit of normal in my whole lotta crazy.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are blogging again. I always loved reading the others. ❤ -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are blogging again. And for what it's worth, I was also up at midnight researching the nominee (thanks for a stimulating conversation). You may not feel fun loving or intellectual ( post munchkin) but you still come across that way to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading blogs and will enjoy seeing what thoughts you want to share. Pre and post munchkin I have always enjoyed the opportunities I get to visit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are blogging again. It's a small way to get to see into your day and life, being so far away. Love you!

    ReplyDelete